Microsoft has announced that the 50,000-59,999 port range (UDP and TCP) no longer is a requirement for Skype for Business endpoints to communicate with Skype for Business Online.
Earlier this year Microsoft talked about making simplification for network connectivity for Skype for Business Online (see blog article) and they recently updated the guidance and removed the mentioned port range as a requirement: Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges
So which ports are required for clients?All clients need to be able to directly connect to Skype for Business Online on the following destination ports: (the IP addresses and FQDNs can be found in the Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges)
- TCP 443
- UDP 3478, 3479, 3480, 3481
- Optional: UDP/TCP 50,000-59,999
Is there a minimum client version required to benefit from the port changes?
This change applies to all clients supported against Skype for Business Online. No clients are excluded and there are no specific minimum version required (although it is always recommended to run the latest and greatest version).
For more information read the blog post from Microsoft.
There’s a new feature in Skype for Business Online, you can now preload documents for Skype Meetings.
Note: This only works for Skype for Business Online!
- Create a new Skype meeting in Outlook
- Go to the insert tab, click Attach File (or outlook item) and select the attachment you want to add in the meeting.
- Now just send the meeting!
When you join the meeting a information bar will display saying: meeting content is addedd
- Click the screen item (with the red dot) and select manage content.
- As presenter you can change the permissions to the file. Default only other presenters can download.
- Click the lock icon the change the permissions to “Everyone”, “Presenters” or “Organizer”.
- In the next and example you will see the other party when permission is set to Everyone
- Click open to open the attachment.
Deployed some Polycom Trio’s in my organisation (we’re running Exchange Online and Skype for Business Online) and everytime i went to the Calendar the Polycom was showing an error “Failed to discover exchange server”.
How to solve this error
Login to the webinterface from the Polycom Trio 8800 (first time enable HTTP/HTTPS connection from the Polycom Advanced Option, Default password is “456”)
Go to Settings > Applications
Disable the AutoDiscover and Fill in the following Exchange Server url:
Save configuration and restart your Polycom device.