AudioCodes One Voice Operations Center (OVOC, also known as Element Management System and IP Phone Manager) is a web-based voice network management solution that combines management of voice network devices (Audiocodes IP Phones, Mediapacks, Mediants etc..) and quality of experience monitoring into a single, intuitive web-based application.
OVOC enables administrators to manage and to adopt a holistic approach to network lifecycle management by simplifying everyday tasks and assisting in troubleshooting all the way from detection to correction.
Mount the new iso image to VMWare (make sure you upload the iso to the data store).
Go with for example “putty” to your instance (default port 22):
Login with user acems and default password acems.
Promote yourself to root with:
Su - root
Default password for root = root.
Let’s mount the image in your linux shell. You can do this by typing:
Mount /dev/cdrom /mnt
The image is now mounted to the directory /mnt/
to start the upgrade.
Accept agreement to continue upgrading.
After the installer is finished you’ll need to reboot the server.
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Skype for Business 2016 client. The version number of this update is 16.0.4615.1000.
In addition to the release of the new client, this update fixes a list of issues.
Issues that the update fixes
This update fixes the following issues:
- KB 4051048 Invalid participant number is displayed in a warning message when you send an exceeding size meeting in Skype for Business 2016
- KB 4051049 No denied notification when waiting in the lobby to join in a meeting in Skype for Business 2016
- KB 4051050 Phone number instead of contact name is displayed for an Active Directory contact in Skype for Business 2016
- KB 4051051 Selection is moved to the bottom when using the Up Arrow key in conversation history in Skype for Business 2016
- KB 4051052 Can’t join a meeting through Lync Web App after the meeting can’t be joined from the Skype Meeting Add-in in Outlook
- KB 4051053 Anonymous meeting join fails if the meeting organizer is disabled for federation in Skype for Business 2016
This security update resolves a vulnerability in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerability, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2017-11826.
- KB3213659 – Microsoft Office Online Server (download)
- KB4011231 – Microsoft Office Web Apps (download)
Supported Operating Systems
Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
Recently i had set up a new Skype for Business Deployment, with a Front-end (Standard Edition) and Anywhere365. After installing Skype for Business roles, Windows Update popped up with SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 2 (CU 1) (KB3178925).
I tried to install the update using the Windows Update, but everytime i got the error code: 84B30002
When looking at the log files from SQL i did not found anything spectacular, the only strange message is “user has cancelled”
You can find the installation Log files here: %programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Setup Bootstrap\Log
Some nice announcements about Skype for Business vNext today.
New release of “Skype for Business Server 2019” will available by the end of 2018.
• Windows Server 2016
• SQL Server 2016
Only enterprise edition will be available.
You can run 1, 3,4… up to 16 front end servers.
(2 front end servers not).
The directors, persistent chat role and the standard edition will be dropped. SBA/SBS don’t change.
New features in Skype for Business Server 2019
• Call queues
• Voicemail Service
• Server 2013 -> Server 2019
• Server 2013 -> Server 2019
No in place upgrade available.
TLS 1.0 and 1.1 will be disabled by CU7 and Skype for Business Server 2019
• Q3 Microsoft Teams reports
• Q4 new Skype for Business and Teams admin page in O365
For the Q&A please take a look at the website from Mattias Kressmark