Since i was facing some isssues last time with upgrading our company Cloud Connector Edition it’s a good thing to keep old installers (check below for Archive).
We had the CCE 1.4.2 version running, due to some accounting issues the upgrade to 2.0.0 never has started. You can use Set-CcCredential -AccountType TenantAdmin to set the new global admin account. (Global admin role required for 1.4.2, from 2.0.0 and newer Skype Admin role is required) So after setting the right O365 account i tried to start upgrading the appliance.
Because of the release 2.0.1 the Start-CcDownload cmdlet started downloading the 2.0.1 installer. Started cmdlet Install-CcAppliance -Upgrade and after 1,5 hour the setup stopped with all kind of errors, no sql installed on Edge, certificate issues and so on.
In Cloud Connector Edition 2.0.1, the following fixes were made:
Restarting Virtual Machines sometimes caused the service to stop if the restart order determined by Hyper-V was incorrect. This has been fixed.
Calls for download security checks in remote PowerShell sometimes caused calls to the New-CsOnlineSession cmdlet to fail. This issue has been fixed.
During automatic updates, switching to a new version sometimes caused the running version to fail. This issue has been fixed
You can download the new Cloud Connector Edition 2.0.1 is now. If you have not yet upgraded to 2.0.1, You can find the installation file at https://aka.ms/CloudConnectorInstaller
Today the new Cloud Connector Edition 2.0.0 is released. You can download it right here.
The Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition is a set of packaged virtual machines for deployment on-premises which connect a customer’s existing Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) service provider circuits with Skype for Business Cloud PBX operating in Office 365. This allows for the user’s phone capability to be managed out of Office 365 while their phone calls continue to use their existing phone number, circuits and PSTN provider contract
The following updates were made in Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition version 2.0.0:
- Deployed support for Media Bypass.
- Added the following NCS cmdlets an administrator uses to configure Media Bypass:
- Added new configurations under the TrunkConfiguration section in CloudConnector.ini:
EnableFastFailoverTimer: optional, default value is “true”.
ForwardCallHistory: optional, default value is “false”.
ForwardPAI: optional, default value is “false”.
- If a new deployment is created with this version, it is required to manually enter the password for CceService, ExternalCert and CABackupFile credentials. The domainadmin, vmadmin and safemodeadmin passwords are using password input for CceService by default, need to be entered again. Use the Get-CcCredential cmdlet with DisplayPassword parameter to view the passwords. Use Set-CcCredential to update the password for domainadmin and vmadmin.
- Added support to detect and recover Skype for Business services on the CMS server.
- Added new cmdlets Import-CcConfiguration and Export-CcConfiguration. After a user updates configurations in cloudconnector.ini in ApplianceRoot path, redeploy the appliance or wait for the CCE Management Service to upgrade the current appliance to new version. However, if only BaseVMIP, WSUSServer and/or WSUSStatusServer in cloudconnector.ini are updated, run Import-CcConfiguration, a redeploy is not required.
- Renamed the Renew-CcCACertificate, Renew-CcServerCertificate cmdlets to Update-CcCACertificate, Update-CcServerCertificate.
- Updated the Get-CcVersion cmdlet. User can pass a parameter to the cmdlet and retrieve RunningScripts, RunningBits and/or BackupBits version.
- Updated the Start-CcDownload cmdlet to support downloading only Skype for Business binaries.
- Updated the Set-CsHybridConfiguration and Get-CsHybridPSTNAppliance online cmdlets.
- Update Set-CcCrential to support updating password for domainadmin and vmadmin.
Join Microsoft this Friday, the 21st at 9 a.m. PT for our next Broadcast: Cloud Connector Edition – What’s New in 2.0!
This session covers the new release of CCE v2.0. We will discuss the major new features of Media Bypass and several improvements in reliability and scale.
Speakers: Oliver Chiu, Bill Verthein
Microsoft has announced that the 50,000-59,999 port range (UDP and TCP) no longer is a requirement for Skype for Business endpoints to communicate with Skype for Business Online.
Earlier this year Microsoft talked about making simplification for network connectivity for Skype for Business Online (see blog article) and they recently updated the guidance and removed the mentioned port range as a requirement: Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges
So which ports are required for clients?All clients need to be able to directly connect to Skype for Business Online on the following destination ports: (the IP addresses and FQDNs can be found in the Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges)
- TCP 443
- UDP 3478, 3479, 3480, 3481
- Optional: UDP/TCP 50,000-59,999
Is there a minimum client version required to benefit from the port changes?
This change applies to all clients supported against Skype for Business Online. No clients are excluded and there are no specific minimum version required (although it is always recommended to run the latest and greatest version).
For more information read the blog post from Microsoft.
There’s a new feature in Skype for Business Online, you can now preload documents for Skype Meetings.
Note: This only works for Skype for Business Online!
- Create a new Skype meeting in Outlook
- Go to the insert tab, click Attach File (or outlook item) and select the attachment you want to add in the meeting.
- Now just send the meeting!
When you join the meeting a information bar will display saying: meeting content is addedd
- Click the screen item (with the red dot) and select manage content.
- As presenter you can change the permissions to the file. Default only other presenters can download.
- Click the lock icon the change the permissions to “Everyone”, “Presenters” or “Organizer”.
- In the next and example you will see the other party when permission is set to Everyone
- Click open to open the attachment.