Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Skype for Business 2016 client. The version number of this update is 16.0.4615.1000.
In addition to the release of the new client, this update fixes a list of issues.
Issues that the update fixes
This update fixes the following issues:
- KB 4051048 Invalid participant number is displayed in a warning message when you send an exceeding size meeting in Skype for Business 2016
- KB 4051049 No denied notification when waiting in the lobby to join in a meeting in Skype for Business 2016
- KB 4051050 Phone number instead of contact name is displayed for an Active Directory contact in Skype for Business 2016
- KB 4051051 Selection is moved to the bottom when using the Up Arrow key in conversation history in Skype for Business 2016
- KB 4051052 Can’t join a meeting through Lync Web App after the meeting can’t be joined from the Skype Meeting Add-in in Outlook
- KB 4051053 Anonymous meeting join fails if the meeting organizer is disabled for federation in Skype for Business 2016
I don’t know if you ever used Microsoft Flow, but i use it mostly for getting notification abouts some important rss feeds. In this example i will use a Weather forecast flow.
Microsoft released a new connector to send notifications to Skype for Business, (according to the microsoft docs site, it’s still in preview) you can choose 2 options:
- Create an online meeting
- Send an instant message
Create an online meeting
When creating the trigger meeting you can enter sip addresses separated by semi-colun.
in the result after running the Flow you can see the meeting URL created. When using Phone dial-in, confence ID, dial-in number and directory url will also be created.
In my test scenario the meeting did not popped up at my Skype for Business Client, so you will need to create another event to send the urls to the users.
Send an instant message
If you choose the IM option you can send a IM message to a specific user
You now will be notified about the Weather forecast (see top bar subject).
Connections per account: 2
|API calls per connection
Some nice announcements about Skype for Business vNext today.
New release of “Skype for Business Server 2019” will available by the end of 2018.
• Windows Server 2016
• SQL Server 2016
Only enterprise edition will be available.
You can run 1, 3,4… up to 16 front end servers.
(2 front end servers not).
The directors, persistent chat role and the standard edition will be dropped. SBA/SBS don’t change.
New features in Skype for Business Server 2019
• Call queues
• Voicemail Service
• Server 2013 -> Server 2019
• Server 2013 -> Server 2019
No in place upgrade available.
TLS 1.0 and 1.1 will be disabled by CU7 and Skype for Business Server 2019
• Q3 Microsoft Teams reports
• Q4 new Skype for Business and Teams admin page in O365
For the Q&A please take a look at the website from Mattias Kressmark
So what’s the most interesting news on Ignite 2017 for today (so far), will update this blog!
- Skype Operations Framework moves into Practical Guidance for Cloud Voice on Fasttrack
- MyAdvisor will help you with setting up Voice (link)
- Skype for Business Server will be updated second half of calendar year 2018
- Microsoft Teams client will take over Skype for Business Online client
- Cloud PBX renamed to Phone System
- PSTN Conferecing renamed to Audio Conferencing
Microsoft is also introducing new enhancements to Teams meetings, including audio conferencing (available in preview today)—enabling participants to join a Teams meeting by dialing a telephone number—and interoperability between Teams and Skype for Business, including universal presence, and messaging and calling interoperability.
In the Skype for Business Online Powershell some commands showed up today for interoperability and Calling in Teams:
Since i was facing some isssues last time with upgrading our company Cloud Connector Edition it’s a good thing to keep old installers (check below for Archive).
We had the CCE 1.4.2 version running, due to some accounting issues the upgrade to 2.0.0 never has started. You can use Set-CcCredential -AccountType TenantAdmin to set the new global admin account. (Global admin role required for 1.4.2, from 2.0.0 and newer Skype Admin role is required) So after setting the right O365 account i tried to start upgrading the appliance.
Because of the release 2.0.1 the Start-CcDownload cmdlet started downloading the 2.0.1 installer. Started cmdlet Install-CcAppliance -Upgrade and after 1,5 hour the setup stopped with all kind of errors, no sql installed on Edge, certificate issues and so on.