Microsoft posted a blog about .NET 4.7 with Exchange is not supported yet. (link)
The .NET Framework 4.7 is an in-place upgrade to versions 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, and 4.6.2 of the .NET Framework.
In case of Exchange we will need to block the automatic installation through Windows Update of the .NET Framework 4.7 patch.
These steps describes how to perform this blocking action.
How to disable update .NET 4.7 from Windows Update in Server 2016
- Back up the registry.
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.
- Locate and click the following subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP
- After you select this subkey, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click Key.
- Type WU, and then press Enter.
- Right-click WU, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type BlockNetFramework47, and then press Enter.
- Right-click BlockNetFramework47, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.