This week (week 25, 2023) Microsoft has launched a new version of the Microsoft Teams PowerShell module, version 5.3.0.
- [BREAKING CHANGE] Adds State parameter & output attribute to [New|Get|Set|Update]-CsTeamsShiftsConnection and [New|Get|Set|Update]-CsTeamsShiftsConnectionInstance cmdlets.
- Releases [New|Get|Set|Remove|Grant]-CsTeamsMeetingTemplatePermissionPolicy cmdlets.
- Releases Get-CsTeamsMeetingTemplateConfiguration cmdlet.
- Releases Get-CsTeamsFirstPartyMeetingTemplateConfiguration cmdlet.
- Release New-CsTeamsHiddenMeetingTemplate cmdlet.
- Adds new parameters to the Set-CsCallQueue and New-CsCallQueue Cmdlets to enable users to set No Agent Opt In/Logged In options for call handling in Call Queue. New parameters are added for No Agent disconnect/redirection options, target, shared voicemail prompts and whether to enable shared voicemail system prompt suppression and transcription.
- Adds warning message in the output of the Set-CsPhoneNumberAssignment Cmdlet. This message provides information about users with licenses in a grace period.
In this post i want to go in detail on how to configure the No Agent Opt In/Logged In for your Call Queues. I believe this is one of the features many admin/users (including me) are waiting for within the Call Queues configuration!Continue reading
While the popularity of remote work and virtual communication is still increasing (Microsoft Teams is having 280 million active users), it’s important to understand the proper etiquette for using Microsoft Teams or any other virtual meeting. Whether you’re participating in an online meeting, sending a direct chat message, or posting in a team channel, following these best practices can help you communicate effectively and more professionally.
Be punctual for virtual meetings. Just as you would arrive on time for an in-person meeting, make sure you are ready to join the virtual meeting on time. Log in a few minutes early to ensure your equipment is working properly and to allow time for any technical difficulties. Nothing so frustrating as “do you hear me?” Or “wait my headset is empty”.
TIP: set your default setting for meeting to 50 or 55 minutes instead of the full hour. This will give you some proper time to get prepared for the next meeting.
Microsoft has introduced Microsoft Loop Link, an interactive app that enables collaborative work on task lists, tables, and notes. Loop Components can be used in chats, Teams, emails, or documents, facilitating joint work across various Microsoft 365 apps. The app was announced during the 2021 Microsoft Ignite event and is now being introduced as Preview in Microsoft 365.
While Microsoft 365 already allows document collaboration, Microsoft Teams and OneNote sharing, Microsoft Loop addresses the issue of task tracking across different apps. Through Loop Components, users can conveniently create and share tasks across Microsoft 365 apps, including Outlook, OneNote, and Teams.
In this blog post, i want to show you arround in Microsoft Loop and howyou can use it in your daily work.Continue reading
If you work a lot with Anywhere365 you are familiar with the core setup and how configurations are being handled (by caching), so if you clear the caching while rebooting the UCC’s and all kind of strange error’s show up (i.e. new agents not visible, IVR changes not showing) there are a couple of items that can be your nightmare:
- App Secret
- Permissions on Anywhere365 SharePoint site
- SharePoint global Settings
I’d like to take you through how I would approach this.Continue reading
After testing for some months with the public preview of the new Microsoft Teams client it’s finally announced (march 27, 2023) for public preview (FYI, at least for Windows only right now).
So, what’s new? The most obvious is a redesign, but there’s a lot more going on underneath the hood. Teams has been rebuilt using different coding languages that have made the app much more efficient. Microsoft says that the new Teams app is loading 2X faster, enables you to join meetings 2X faster and is using 50% less memory.
These are some of their findings on new Teams speed and performance improvements.
- Install app up to 3X faster
- Launch app up to 2X faster
- Join meetings up to 2X faster
- Switch chats/channels up to 1.7X faster
- Consume up to 50% less memory
- Consume up to 70% less disk space
Going beyond the core technology upgrade Microsoft also invested heavily on performance, stability, ease-of-use, and greater flexibility. Below a summup of these investments:
- Rearchitected video rendering pipeline
- Large scale meetings
- Multi-Account / Multi-Tenant
- Streamline App Installation (MSIX)
- Harden Security
- Get what you need (Partial Data)
- Moving from Polling to push notifications
- Optimize Memory
- Expand Performance infrastructure and tooling
- Embrace Open Source