Let’s take a small adventure into the world of free SharePoint. Yes, Completely free!
SharePoint Foundation 2013 is technically free (Exept your windows license ofcourse) and can do a whole lot for you without needing to spend significant amounts of money on Server editions of SharePoint.
Preparing for installation
Before installing SQL Server 2016 you need to prepare your system.This guide will help you to apply all patches needed for installation.
Skype for Business external connectivity (federation) enables a Skype for Business user to connect with users in other organizations that use Skype for Business as well as those that host their own Skype for Business Server on-premises.
Federated contacts can see presence, communicate by using IM, and make Skype-to-Skype audio and video calls.
There are a couple of federations important to have:
- Skype for Business Online (Office365)
- Exchange Online (Office365)
- Skype for Consumer (Skype.com)
Following are the federation relationships that are supported by Skype for Business and the available modalities:
- Skype for Business Server 2015 IM, Presence, Audio, Video, Conferencing
- Skype for Business Online IM, Presence, Audio, Video, Conferencing
- Lync Server 2010 IM, Presence, Audio, Video, Conferencing
- Lync Server 2013 IM, Presence, Audio, Video, Conferencing
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 IM, Presence, Audio, Video, Conferencing
- Skype for Consumer IM, Presence, Audio, Video
While installing a new Skype for Business enviroment i walked in to a error when prepping the forest. After searching a while on TechNet and other forums i found out that the schema’s couldn’t run from the Skype for Business Front end server.
The execution failed the parameter is incorrect 00000057
Error: An error occurred: “Microsoft.Rtc.Management.ADConnect.ADOperationException” “Active Directory operation failed on “masterdc.skypedev.nl”. You cannot retry this operation: “The parameter is incorrect 00000057: LdapErr: DSID-0C090D87, comment: Error in attribute conversion operation, data 0, v2580″”
Before running these commands, please copy the files: “ExternalSchema.ldf”; “ServerSchema.ldf”; “BackCompatSchema.ldf” and “VersionSchema.ldf” from “C:\Program Files\Skype for Business Server 2015\Deployment\Setup” to a folder created in the domain controller called as “schema” created in the root for the Local Disk “C”. TechNet Article about ldifde
Make sure you run the commands in the exact same order.
ldifde -i -v -k -s masterDC.skypedev.nl -f C:\schema\ExternalSchema.ldf -c DC=x "DC=skypedev,DC=nl" -j C:\schemas
ldifde -i -v -k -s masterDC.skypedev.nl -f C:\schema\ServerSchema.ldf -c DC=x "DC=skypedev,DC=nl" -j C:\schemas
ldifde -i -v -k -s masterDC.skypedev.nl -f C:\schema\BackCompatSchema.ldf -c DC=x "DC=skypedev,DC=nl" -j C:\schemas
ldifde -i -v -k -s masterDC.skypedev.nl -f C:\schema\VersionSchema.ldf -c DC=x "DC=skypedev,DC=nl" -j C:\schemas
Do you also recognize a overloading email inbox, to much unreaded emails and no time to clean up, ‘Inbox Zero’ may be the solution for your problem!
Yesterday i was reading a blog (sorry, it’s in Dutch) from Michel Bouman from Microsoft. Last year he wrote a blog about how he implemented ‘Inbox Zero’ method by Merlin Mann in his life. In short terms, you have 4 folders(categories):
- Waiting For
Every email you receive you will validate agains the rules below:
– Delete or Archive emails with no action requirered.
– Reply emails with action request, only if possible in two minutes.
– Emails above two minutes move to Action folder.
– Emails with action who you can delegate, you’ll forward inmediately, add your email to BCC to track. (explaination setting this up later in this blog)
– Interesting emails without action, containing a lot of text you can move to the folder ‘Sometime’. This kind of emails you read in the morning with your first coffee or at the end of the day.
Now that you have categorized your email you’ll have to block some time in your agenda to process the Action emails.
There are many thing that i want to improve in my life, efficiency is one of them (ongoing process)! I spend a lot of my time everyday with chasing, reading and answering emails (Work and Private), This blog was opening my eyes, it’s time to tackle this issue.
Let’s give it a try and Challenge yourself.
Starting the Challenge to ‘Inbox Zero’