Today the new Cloud Connector Edition 2.0.0 is released. You can download it right here.
The Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition is a set of packaged virtual machines for deployment on-premises which connect a customer’s existing Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) service provider circuits with Skype for Business Cloud PBX operating in Office 365. This allows for the user’s phone capability to be managed out of Office 365 while their phone calls continue to use their existing phone number, circuits and PSTN provider contract
The following updates were made in Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition version 2.0.0:
- Deployed support for Media Bypass.
- Added the following NCS cmdlets an administrator uses to configure Media Bypass: New-CsNetworkMediaBypassConfiguration Get-CsNetworkConfiguration Set-CsNetworkConfiguration
- Added new configurations under the TrunkConfiguration section in CloudConnector.ini: EnableFastFailoverTimer: optional, default value is “true”. ForwardCallHistory: optional, default value is “false”. ForwardPAI: optional, default value is “false”.
- If a new deployment is created with this version, it is required to manually enter the password for CceService, ExternalCert and CABackupFile credentials. The domainadmin, vmadmin and safemodeadmin passwords are using password input for CceService by default, need to be entered again. Use the Get-CcCredential cmdlet with DisplayPassword parameter to view the passwords. Use Set-CcCredential to update the password for domainadmin and vmadmin.
- Added support to detect and recover Skype for Business services on the CMS server.
- Added new cmdlets Import-CcConfiguration and Export-CcConfiguration. After a user updates configurations in cloudconnector.ini in ApplianceRoot path, redeploy the appliance or wait for the CCE Management Service to upgrade the current appliance to new version. However, if only BaseVMIP, WSUSServer and/or WSUSStatusServer in cloudconnector.ini are updated, run Import-CcConfiguration, a redeploy is not required.
- Renamed the Renew-CcCACertificate, Renew-CcServerCertificate cmdlets to Update-CcCACertificate, Update-CcServerCertificate.
- Updated the Get-CcVersion cmdlet. User can pass a parameter to the cmdlet and retrieve RunningScripts, RunningBits and/or BackupBits version.
- Updated the Start-CcDownload cmdlet to support downloading only Skype for Business binaries.
- Updated the Set-CsHybridConfiguration and Get-CsHybridPSTNAppliance online cmdlets.
- Update Set-CcCrential to support updating password for domainadmin and vmadmin.
**Join Microsoft this Friday, the 21st at 9 a.m. PT for our next Broadcast: Cloud Connector Edition - What’s New in 2.0! **This session covers the new release of CCE v2.0. We will discuss the major new features of Media Bypass and several improvements in reliability and scale.
Speakers: Oliver Chiu, Bill Verthein
**To install this download: **
- Download the file by clicking the Download button and saving the file to the hard disk of the machine you wish to run Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition on.
- Double-click the program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program
- To configure Cloud Connector Edition with Cloud PBX in your Office 365 tenant, please see “Configure Skype for Business Cloud Connector edition”
To uninstall this download:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program